Sunday, September 9, 2012

Training Decks Online

I am not juicing up any deck buying from the bots until RTR but I want to get more training in Standard Constructed from the best players (in "Tournament Practice"). Here are my five practice mono-decks. The White and Red decks are very weak. I also have a fun artifacts-only deck.







Here is my new training deck for Blue Black until RTR comes out. It has a a good selection of playable cards yet it is lacking in a specific strategy.




I played a match (lost 0-2) against a great deck. This deck is all about Karn Liberated yet it is also full of other great cards (Wurmcoil Engine, Sorin Markov, Solemn Simulacrum). With Ichor Wellspring my opponent gets draw power. A benefit of draw power is having a greater chance to play a land card every turn.


And then my opponent play Karn. This planeswalker can gain loyalty very quickly. The game-ending ability restarts the game with a strong deck for the opponent already built from the exiled permanents of both players.


Trading Post is a great new artifact. There are many ways to use this card. I can't wait to pull it online or eventually buy it,



Wurmcoil Engine wears me down, Karn Liberated forces me to discard from my  hand and I end up with no creatures on the battlefield and an empty hand.



Karn restarts the game. This is the second match and for it I sideboarded the fatty cards in my deck. My opponent was unable to start with a good band of powerful creatures, all mine, as they had been able to do during the first game of the match.



I did my best in a hopeless situation.


Sorin is a great finisher.


Here comes Karn again!




I got to play my Liliana but its pointless at this stage of the game.



The two Solemn Simulacrum finish the job.