Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fun Aristocrats Build (Profit/Loss Build-Around)

I played against an Aristocrats deck and got hit hard with a sweet combo. I decided to build the combo, and while at it, to get the Sorin I need for redemption. I have also been planning to build a deck with each play set of the split cards, and here is the first one. I got lucky and played against an RDW deck, which I think is one of the hardest decks to beat in casual play.

The combo creates a bunch of 1/1 tokens with Lingering Souls and then sacrifices them with Cartel Aristocrat, each time triggering 1 plus life to you and 1 minus life to your opponent with Blood Artist.



My build is a variant, because I want to play my lone Ajani and also boost the tokens with Intangible Virtue, which is not what competitive Aristocrats decks run.






I lost the first game because I started with my removal in my sideboard (Tragic Slip and Tribute to Hunger). In the second game I came back from the brink. Tragic Slip to Stromkirk Aristocrat is a first turn must. Then swing for Tribute to Hunger and drop tokens as walls.


From 3 life I swung back for the win with tokens and more tokens.


In the third game of the match I had to deal with two Boros Reckoner, and was able to play Ajani and Sorin.


Here I get rid of one of the Boros Reckoner with Tribute to Hunger.



I lost Sorin, but with Ajani, I could pump creatures as they landed. I lost the first game, but won the match.