Saturday, February 8, 2014

Devotion to Blue Shell for RTR to BNG Standard

This shell is in preparation for BNG, and there are several cards in it, of course, that will be cycled out. This is a good shell to train yourself on using the various counter-spells and Cyclonic Drift (which is not coming out for sure). I got me a few cards to boost my blue cards after the ISD block redemptions.


Even though it is a training shell, every now and then this deck can become very powerful: if your opponent allows your devotion to grow, you can be dropping all your fatties and drawing lots of cards. I have even been able to ultimate mill Jace. Aetherling, of course, is your finisher. It is fairly easy to make him an unblockable 8/1.




2/13/2014 update: here is the optimized version. I added Nightveil Specter and took out Divination. This deck is a lot of fun, even if it just a pre-BNG shell, and also a pre-UB shell that will eventually get Ashiok.





Here is yet another optimization.




And here I added Curse of the Swine.