Sunday, March 16, 2014

AVR Casual Modern: Descendant's Path Take 2, now Simic Humans + Wolfir Silverheart

Title says it all. I took a hint from the artwork and exchanged the wolves for humans, but the deck needed some punch. I added Wolfir Silverheart, which I cannot auto-cast unless I have another one on the board, but can hard-cast later in the game For The Win (FTW). Ghostly Flicker is awesome: I can bring back an Omenspeaker for Scry 2 and an additional land from Borderland Ranger.



Here is the deck. I have been playing it a lot today, and it is a ton of fun.





Here are three screenshots from fun games. First one is when I overwhelm with all the creatures I got to free cast or to cast with Prophet of Kruphix.


Here are double soul-bonded Wingcrafter and Wolfir Silverheart.


And here I beat an opponent with a 28/28 critter because I can chump block turn after turn with my free-casted humans.