Saturday, August 30, 2014

[Legacy] Blue Black JTMS Fun Deck vs Casual 12-Post

I don't stand a chance against the money a.k.a. tournament version of this deck. Casual and tournament versions use Glimmerpost and Cloudpost as lands of type Locus, hence the name. In the casual version the other four posts to make twelve come from Thespian's Stage becoming a post.

The tournament version has Primeval Titan, Emrakul the Aeons Torn, Ulamog the Infinite Gyre, Kozilek Butcher of Truth. The version in this game transcript uses Colossus of Akros from Theros, a much more budget-friendly (read, cheaper) option.

The tournament version has a bunch of other cards that would break my budget: Sensei's Divining Top, Candelabra of Tawnos, Show and Tell  Misty Rainforest, Tropical Island, Vesuva, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Force of Will (in the sideboard as a playset, which is like having your other car be a Rolls Royce), Leyline of Sanctity.

Starting off my opponent is not limited by hand size with Reliquary Tower.


Here I Boomerang one of his artifact lands.


Here Day of Judgement (casual version of Wrath of God) wipes out my creatures.


I get to play my first Grave Titan (I love this card!).


First Colossus comes in.


I Boomerang it.


I get to attack for one hit with Grave Titan.


I get hit with another Day of Judgement.


Here comes another Colossus.


I ultimate my baby Jace (Jace Beleren) to mill for 20 cards.


I drop Jace the Mind Sculptor (JTMS) for his -1 to Boomerang the Colossus. JTMS is AWESOME!!! Such a broken card!


I drop my second Grave Titan after a Day of Judgement cleans out my first one.


One hit from my second Grave Titan.


Here comes yet another Day of Judgement followed by the heavy tutor from Dark Ascension (Infinite Ambition). Tutors are very expensive and this is definitely a budget version as a 5 drop (love the art, by-the-way).


And here I drop a Consume Spirit for-the-win (FTW).