Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Banned in Modern: Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time, and Birthing Pod

Of course, Treasure Cruise was on insta-ban watch from the moment it was previewed... sick card. It got banned in Modern and Legacy, and is restricted in Vintage, joining its cousin Ancestral Recall. Dig Through Time (banned in Modern only) was not as expected.

Now, Birthing Pod, that IS news. Many modern players are not happy with this decision, especially paper players who have had to pay very high prices for some of the staples needed for this deck.

I will not miss Birthing Pod online, since I always lose to its deadly combos.... Persist is no fun to play against.

I have already replaced Treasure Cruise with Divination in the decks I have been playing recently. I knew Treasure Cruise was going to get banned... it was too sick.

The most interesting news is that Gifts Ungiven is no longer restricted in Vintage... very interesting.