Thursday, January 8, 2015

[Legacy] Artifacts Study Group 2

I would like to learn about these cards.



Mogg Cannon (3.015) It will cost you a creature... not for my first round.
Phyrexian Splicer (3.432) Neat battle trick to steal an opponent critter's ability for one of yours.
Pit Trap (3.473) Old school sorcery-speed removal not worth trying for my first round.
Thran Lens (3.703) Old school color hoser not worth trying for my first round.



Powder Keg (4.411) Legacy's Ratchet Bomb: must have!
Scrying Glass (2.000) Old school conditional card not worth trying for my first round.
Angel's Trumpet (3.875) Good in an aggro deck and you attack with every critter every turn, maybe a deathtouch deck.



Caltrops (4.197) Worth a second look if I only play creatures with toughness 2 or greater.
Dragon Mask (3.056) Old school battle trick card not worth trying for my first round.
Heartstone (3.909) Training Grounds is a better version. Pass for first round.



Chimeric Sphere (3.207) Heavy investment for an artifact creature.
Crawlspace (4.320) Interesting battle trick worth a try.
Crystal Chimes (3.694) Interesting graveyard trick worth a try in a Theros block enchantment creature deck.