Monday, November 9, 2015

Scars of Mirrodin Block Online Deck 2: Mono Blue Artifacts

This deck is not nearly as strong as the Mono White Artifacts deck I tried previously, yet it is also a fun deck. I play these decks to understand how specific cards play out. I sometimes win, but in a field full of powerful decks, I lose a lot with this deck. The deck has an Infect winning condition that is weak enough to only be a diversion. The Proliferate cards are great, and I have played them before in a deck not as constrained as this one. In this deck Proliferate is another diversion. The main winning condition for this deck is Wurmcoil Engine.




Here I use Contagion Engine just a little too late.


Here I lose to against Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur (Flash. At the beginning of your end step, draw seven cards. Each opponent's maximum hand size is reduced by seven.)



Here my opponent takes over one of my infect creatures, enchants it into an 11/11 creature, taps me out, and wins with the Infect condition.


In this loss my opponent O-rings me twice, and keeps dropping big critters. They also use Mystifying Maze (Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool.4, Tap: Exile target attacking creature an opponent controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control.) to flicker my attackers.


With Steel Hellkite against me I am done.


In this one rare win my opponent completely chokes and I am able to win with 7 poison counters and a field of creatures ready to win conventionally as well.