Friday, January 15, 2016

Mirrodin-Mirrodin-Darksteel Flashback Draft No. 1

Got passed a Tooth and Nail and a Trinisphere! I won the first game, which is great given my 'always lose in limited' thing. I drafted red and green but my green selection wasn't that good as far as creatures were concerned, and I ended up trimming to just red.







Here is the deck I played. Drooling Ogre was a bad inclusion!




First game I was able to keep hitting with Slith Firewalker. 


I gained a large advantage early game.


Second game I wasn't as lucky.


My opponent had Leonin Den-Guard ready to be equipped.


We were at a standstill.


But once my opponent played equipment, it was downhill for me from thereon.


Ouch!


Third game I seemed to be doing well.


But the same thing happened: equipped double striker and also the Drooling Ogre mistake (mine!).


My opponent kept building a strong battlefield.


And here it is: gg.