Sunday, May 12, 2019

WAR Grixis Amass + Proliferate

This has to be one of the most fun decks I have built in a long time. There are several really cool interactions, and I love combos and +1/+1 counters.... yeah, this one is a keeper. It's a singleton deck right now because I am learning how all of these cards play and interact with each other. Here are the planeswalkers:

Narset is awesome. If you can find a way to proliferate, you can keep pumping it to get that one extra draw per activation. Do remember to that if it has two loyalty counters left, it dies when you activate it!


I am back to solitaire on MTGO because all Standard players have moved to Arena. Davriel's discarding can be abused in this deck against a real opponent.


Tibalt can generate lots of tokens as I keep boosting him (it's only a -1 activation).


Ashiok does not get play in Solitaire. It's great against real opponents.


Chandra is great. Nothing wrong with getting to play extra cards per turn.


Ral is stronger in a pure UR deck than in this deck.


Angrath is perfect for this deck.


Ob Nixilis is also great, just need to test him against a real opponent.


Here is the deck.





Bolas's Citadel is better in a deck with White and a lot of lifegain. It comes in late game, and you should be able to win the game with it if someone does not remove it immediately. If you have 20 life for it, you can cast 20 CMC worth of cards for free... yeah, that's one way to end the game in your favor.


As I keep boosting my Amass token, I can take one counter from it and draw a card with Soul Diviner once a turn.


I would take Contentious Plan to a play set in this deck. It's a sure booster for all of my planeswalkers AND the Amass token.


Narset is really good in this deck.


Flux Channeler is an all-star uncommon. I would take it to a play set in this deck. Now I want to build blue-X decks and blue-X-Y decks (X, Y, being some other color).


Dreadhorde Invasion is the key to boosting the Amass token every turn. I would add more copies to this deck, but maybe not more than three to make sure I don't die to the constant life loss.


Spark Double is a great card. Here I used it to get a new, fully loaded Narset.


Here is another extra draw from Narset.


Read the card! I did not and here is a miss-playL Fblthp back to my deck by mistake.


Ahhh, Proliferate... so awesome!


I can use Spark Double to have two Amass tokens. Not sure if I want to, just doing it here to show it.


Ahhh, Proliferate... so awesome!


The Amass token can be absurdly big since every time you trigger Amass, there is only one token where the Power/Toughness from Amass goes (minus copying the token).