Sunday, August 18, 2019

A Brawl Remembrance: Tatyova (Dominaria)

This is one of my favorite Legendaries from Dominaria. I so wanted to make it work, but it is one mana too heavy to be amazing. It's just fun at five mana. I love this deck, and it's a shame that this card will soon be rotating out of Brawl. This card and this deck make me nostalgic for what the first season of Brawl could have been... so much potential. The deck abuses (or uses) many cards that enable me to drop an extra land and is heavy on one of my favorite abilities: Proliferate.






Most of the screenshots here, because they are from solitaire, are completely fictitious. If any opponent lets you get this far with a counters deck, they don't know how to play Magic. I am just having fun here. While I did not capture Beast Whisperer triggers in these screenshots, this is one of the go-to cards in this deck.

Evolution Sage is a major abuser of Proliferate.


Song of Freyalise is amazing in this deck. Getting one counter on each creature when it exists is just amazing.


Proliferate away!


Proliferate away!


Proliferate away!


Simic Ascendancy can get to twenty no problem in this deck. In a real game, you won't get that far. I think this card is much better as a playset and a build around it. In this deck, it's just a side show entertainment.


Fictitious win!


Proliferate away!


I will miss the flip legendaries from Ialan.


Proliferate away!


Here, I am just getting started boosting Simic Ascendancy.


Proliferate away!


A Proliferate deck can maximize the use of Planeswalkers, and can help those Planeswalkers keep a high loyalty count.


Turning lands into creatures late game is fantastic.


Proliferate away!


Proliferate away!


Proliferate away!


Proliferate away!



Proliferate away!


This is the grand finale of an unstoppable combo of Proliferate triggers. I have zoomed out the board into three screenshots.




I have two cards left in my deck!!!