Monday, October 9, 2017

Standard Ixalan UR Dinosaurs

Following the theme of UG Merfolk, the enemy color decks have a strictly worse manabase than the friendly color decks. Still, this deck is stronger than the Merfolk deck, I just need to play it better.




I was able to beat a deck with no flyers, but that should be no surprise. My opponent stalled to see if I would concede instead. This is a common technique by players online who care about their constructed point score.


The more interesting games were two I lost against decks I may build later. The first one is a mono-blue deck. I was wondering what the big critter would be at the end. I show Field of Ruin taking out one of the flip lands (Treasure Map).


With two of Pacification Array (battlecruiser Icy Manipulator), I get my two critters tapped every turn.


Once my opponent played their first Mechanized Production, I knew the game plan, and there was nothing I could do about it with the configuration of this deck I was playing.


Six artifacts with the same name, and two to go. Nice deck!


I also lost against an explore deck (which is definitely on my list of decks to build). The deck uses Wildgrowth Walker (Whenever a creature you control explores, put a +1/+1 counter on Wildgrowth Walker and you gain 3 life.) as the big creature that gets buff when creatures explore. The deck uses these three explore creatures: Merfolk Branchwalker, Ixalli's Diviner, Siren Lookout. The deck uses Siren's Ruse to protect it's creatures, and Shaper's Sanctuary to draw cards when the deck's creatures are targeted. I love it. Another great deck.