Saturday, March 8, 2014

WBR Aurelia in RTR to BNG Standard

This deck idea started as a simple Boros deck showcasing playsets of Legion's Initiative and Aurelia. Only Aurelia is left, and after a string of embarrassing loses against all those Dimir decks, I decided to add black.





Turn 6, Howl of the Nightpack drops a bunch of tokens.


Turn 10, I play a lone Exava that takes me all the way to the win. I end up with a second Exava in my hand that I do not need to play. Pacisfiam helped a lot. At this point I have one in the battlefield.


More turns (here is turn 14), more creature attrition, but Exava stays through.


Turn 17: Here is my second Pacifism, the play that turned the tide in my favor.


Turn 20: Once Exava is enchanted with Ethereal Armor, it is a 7/7 and I can grind all of my opponent's fatties.


Turn 25: Dreadbore helps with removal of said green fatties.


Turn 29, For the Win (FTW).