Sunday, October 5, 2014

Legacy staples right before Khans of Tarkir

[link to previous article in expectation of a Legacy product]

I chose a small sample and only kept cards that were found at least 2 of in that sample.







And I just don't see how a Legacy Masters can happen next summer. There are some cards that really need a reprint in Legacy in digital form, and also in paper form, but the latter has the restricted list. In digital form, many of these cards can be added to a product.... I just can't speculate how Wizards can solve this conundrum: Vintage was helped by reissuing many digital staples that coincidentally are Legacy staples, and reissuing cards like Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Force of Will, and the original ten dual lands yet again in one year will seem like overkill. And this is why I want this product but don't see how it can be issued, even as a digital only set, so soon after Vintage Masters.

If Legacy remains a mostly-dead format for another year, that will give me more time to prepare. I was not prepared for Vintage Masters, and I wish that I had been.

[link to next eagerly expectant article on this subject]