Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Three Tibalt Decks

Tibalt has earned the dubious distinction of worst planeswalker issued to date. I am surprised Wizards doubled down on this one with the latest duel deck. I have let my curiosity get the better of me and got me three of these from the bots. Its a $2 card, therefore not that harmful to my hurting wallet. I made three builds:

Red Deck Loses (the normal one is wins, but with Tibalt ..., I need to be ready to lose.)





Then I made an Izzet build, which did much better, but, of course, its because I threw in two Chandras, two Tamiyos, and a play set of Temporal Mastery for good measure.





The third build is Rakdos, and its between red and Izzet, but not a great deck.






The bottom line is that this planeswalker has a useless +1 ability, a mid ability that takes way too much energy to get to and is too situational (anything with number of cards in hand hails from the depths of Saviors of Kamigawa and is just plain bad design), and I will never get to play the ultimate ability....