Thursday, July 25, 2013

RTR Block and M14 Redemption Status

Given that Theros block will be an enchantment block, I assessed what I had for RTR and completed a few playsets.







I also got me a Legion's Initiative. I completed a play set of Glaring Spotlight given that there will be a lot of Bant Hexproof going on in an enchantment block like Theros.


I pulled a paper Gideon and decided to get me a pair. I am slowly boosting my selection of white, much neglected so far. 


Because I have been avidly playing online from the beginning of RTR, my current redemption status is pretty good. Also, from GTC on the redemptions are $25 a piece from Wizards instead of $5 for the transaction fee and that has lowered the overall cost of the GTC and later cards: nice!




These are the cards I am currently interested in. I looked them up and the cards that are now at less than a dollar each have a 4 next to them.

White:
fiendslayer paladin
indestructibility   4
path of bravery
Blue:
quicken
tidebinder mage 4
Black:
lifebane zombie
sanguine bond 4
Red:
burning earth
mindsparker  4
Green:
enlarge 4
oath of the ancient wood 4
savage summoning 4
Artifacts:
fireshrieker 4
strionic resonator

I have done two M14 drafts and bought a few cards from the list above. These are the rares I currently have. I will wait until after Theros to get the cheap rares all in one go. There is an error in Gatherer and MTGO: Millstone is an uncommon, and the one I have is a foil.


August 23, 2013 update: played a draft and pulled a Voice of Resurgence!!!!


Did two drafts of M14 September 13, 2013 and here is what I am missing. I am done buying packs or playing in draft or sealed for this set.