Thursday, July 4, 2013

In Depth of Ral Zarek Fun Online Deck

This deck has several really great cards that I have on my way to redemption.

[follow this link for the post with the decklist]

Here is the mana curve.


Here are seven sample beginning hands. This first hand requires a mulligan.


This second hand is a great start. Turn 1 play a plains and Boros Recruit. Turn 2 play Clifftop Retreat and Boros Charm.


Too much mana here: mulligan


Turn 1 play plains. Turn 2 play Glacial Fortress....slow start but not quite a mulligan.


Mana flood and two miracles: mulligan.


Close call: enough mana to play out the hand but from Turn 2 onwards.


Good hand: Plains and Boros Recruit on Turn 1.


Here is a first game against a more casual blue black deck. I got battalion to go off multiple times for the win.


Here is the second game of the match, which I also won, but with much more work for the win.






Here my opponent plays a heartless summoning (his second!). I kept drawing and dropping with Mercurial Chemister and the Ravenous Rats had nothing to get me to discard because I could empty my hand easily.




The occassional +1/+1 from Ajani can be a big help!