Friday, September 20, 2013

RTR Block and M14 Redemption Status

[follow this link to the previous installment of the paying saga]

Given the pain and suffering (just kidding!!!) exacted on me by the Liliana of the Veil debacle-meaning that a single card has stalled an entire large set's redemption, I am doing a little more planning for this next block. Here are the cards I need to focus to redeem as many as four sets each of the RTR block. I am not planning to aim for four sets for M14, one will likely be too many redemptions already.

There is a reason why I will try to complete as many junk rare play sets as possible from the bots (see below): because I have found it very distracting when drafting to be fishing out for rares AND picking good commons and uncommons at the same time. If I reduce the number of rares I am looking for then I don't need to remember so much information. It may seem silly to those who are better at this than I am, but I am still very much a noob. This way, I can save myself having to juggle my memory because I am missing 100 rares. I have reduced that number to 24 for the whole block. I am still missing most of the mythics, but 38 mythic rares are not difficult to remember, especially when five of them are planeswalkers. Why fish out a 5 cent rare?

Return to Ravnica





Gatecrash






Dragon's Maze




After a price look-up in MTGGoldFish, I paid $15 to the bots to complete play sets of all junk rares, and the few rares that are affordable and playable-e.g. Slaughter Games. I did the buys in several sessions because sometimes the session gets canceled by the bot and because I couldn't do it all on the first $10!








And here are the rares I will be looking to fish out when I play sealed and draft.


I took care of Detention Sphere because Oblivion Ring cycled out.
Except for Nightveil Specter and Firemane Avenger for now since I have promos to make-up play sets.


And here are the mythic rares.