Friday, March 14, 2014

RTR and THS Redemptions

I am not planning to redeem M14, and if I change my mind it will be because the set as a whole becomes cheap to redeem. M14 has the humanoid slivers and two very heavy planewalkers (Garruk and Chandra). The set has at this point one card I care about (Witchstalker) and I am not about to redeem a whole set for one card.

RTR Block: I would like to redeem one set each, even if I missed out on buying some of the cards I am missing when they were cheaper. I would like to keep playsets of the shocklands for Modern play.

get one more

Blood Crypt
Breeding Pool
Hallowed Fountain
Overgrown Tomb
Steam Vents
Temple Garden
Water Grave

get 5 (ouch!)

godless shrine
sacred foundry
stomping ground

I am missing these:





THS block is way more affordable, and it can be the foundation of a great casual cube. Heroic requires card disadvantage, as do all those enchantments, and Bestow is grossly over-costed. This is good news because I needed a cheap block to have fun with. I plan to redeem one of each, and to complete at least THS soon to ensure I don't have to pay a lot for a card that becomes a staple somehow. I am missing these:

elspeth     14.21
erebos       5.95
master        6.78
polukranos    9.55
stormbreath  14.04
thassa        7.05