Saturday, September 29, 2012

Return to Ravnica Pre-release: Deck I Played

I went to my first pre-release today. I had a lot of fun. Because I have only played online until today, and the limited sealed live environment of a pre-release is very fast-paced, I felt slow as a sloth. My opponent helped me learn how to play paper Magic. I beat him for the first game, he won the second, and then I had to drop out and take care of my otherwise busy life. There is a lot I need to learn about Magic to be a little less of a sloth during a pre-release. I asked for Golgari and I got this really nice box with five RTR packs and the Golgari guild pack.



Here is the deck I played. I stuck to Golgari. I should have used one more Forest and dropped one of the low CMC black cards.



I played almost every green creature I got. 


I was a little luckier with the black cards and could therefore be somewhat more selective.


Necropolis Regent won me the first game.


Here are the rest of the cards in this deck of 40 cards.



Grisly Salvage helped me pick up Necropolis Regent during the second game, but I made this play with a hand full of cards and did not pull any land cards for several turns: mana screw.