Friday, June 14, 2013

ISD Block and M13 Redemption Status

[follow this link to the previous installment of the paying saga]

June 14, 2013 update: gave the bots $10.


I am missing 14 cards (Huntmaster is a double-sided card) for the four redemptions. Most of these are very expensive, and can only stay at the same price or go down in price after they rotate out of Standard, and that is the time when I will likely buy them to complete the redemptions.





I have no idea why I did not get Roaring Primadox, a penny uncommon, before! I looked up the ABU online prices and picked out two other cheaper cards.


If I got my redemptions right now, it would take $192 for the four sets.....that's a lot of money. I will pick off a card or two as they go down in price, or wait for all of these to rotate.


August 5, 2013 update: Sorin went down a lot because of the Duel Deck reprint, and Thragtusk is on its way out to post-rotation competitive irrelevance. The four most expensive cards all went UP after M14 came out. They will have to wait until after rotation. The ones in green are ready for whenever I have a little money.


$15 to the bots August 10, 2013 and DKA is the first set ready for redemption.


Here are the rares and mythics complete.





August 22, 2013 update: I gave $6 to the bots for a near complete second set of AVR. Here is what I am missing. I already have 2 Tamiyos and 4 Temporal Mastery. This is the easiest expansion for me to double redeem. I could try the same for DKA, but it goes with ISD and there is NO WAY I am forking out $50 for another Liliana. It already will be painful enough when I do it once!!!


August 23, 2013 update: $5 to the bots to position myself to double-up on M13. This is a "just in case I have enough money and the cards don't go crazy in price."


August 29, 2013 update: $10 to the bots for double redemptions of AVR and M13. Here are the cards I need in addition to the heavy hitters I was already missing. I went from 28 missing cards to 15 missing cards.


These are the cards I plan to get first for my double redemptions.

worldfire
elderscale wurm
chandra the firebrand
descent into madness
vexing devil
vampire nocturnus
thragtusk


There is no point in buy any of the expensive cards now. They can only go down in price once they are no longer in Standard.

September 15, 2013 update: $10 to get Innistrad and Dark Ascension ready for a second redemption. Ready doesn't mean I will do it, though.




Here is what I am missing for first and second sets (DKA is complete for the first one).