Saturday, June 1, 2013

RTR Block Minicube: Blue Cards

I mixed six packs of RTR from the Rakdos Guild box, six packs of GTC from a road trip, and twelve DGM packs. Thats 6-6-12, for 24 packs of the RTR block. I made some really great pulls, as I always do when I buy unperturbed sealed product. Here are the blue cards.

I am planning to build guild and shard Standard and, if possible, Commander decks out of this mini-cube. Mono blue is almost happening in this selection. Because of the guild keywords these cards are going in guild directions, not in the traditional "is in blue" direction. I did pull an Aetherling. The creature count is OK for a 40-card mono-blue deck (14 not counting the absurdly unplayable Maze creatures), and there are plenty of spells in the 2 to 4 Converted Mana Cost range. I even pulled a nice selection of enchantment auras.