Saturday, May 14, 2016

Legacy Casual Elves (Solitaire Games 2 of 2)

The Deck:
http://mtgadventures.blogspot.com/2016/05/legacy-casual-elves-deck.html
The previous screen shots:
http://mtgadventures.blogspot.com/2016/05/legacy-casual-elves-solitaire-games-1.html

The sampling deck is great in Solitaire. Elves are all about overwhelming the opponent with little critters. Here is the second of two batches. I will annotate these screen shots as best I can.

Here I boost an elf with Might of Oaks.


Here I sacrifice Llanowar Druids to untap all of my forests and drop more elves.


Here is my dear old friend Rampant Growth.


Wellwisher is an old friend from Duel Deck Elves (which I strongly recommend you play). There is no point in gaining life in Solitaire, but in real games, I have taken myself to 40, 50, 60 life with this awesome critter.


Deranged Hermit is a fun play. It doesn't really belong in a straight up elf deck, yet its an interesting card: an elf that is a squirrel lord. I love the flavor... but not in a pure thoroughbred elf deck.


Here I use Scent of Ivy to boost a creature by as many green cards as I have in my hand.


Look at all those elves. "for each" is so awesome on a card! Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary happened. Its Legendary, but its only a 2-drop, and if you have a bunch of Forests, you are golden.


What can I say? I LOVE LEGACY ELVES. Yeah, all caps, its awesome. Easily some of the most fun anyone could ever have playing Magic, and the deck that made me realize Legacy is the best Magic format by a wide margin. Vintage: weird; Modern: the ban list sucks; Standard: flavor of the day money pit; Legacy: let's play Magic!