First look at the Kaladesh Block selection:
Now that I have used my online selection to take a first shot at selecting the broader list of cards from which I will pick cards into the cube, I need to run some numbers and begin scoping out which are the ten decks I will build to form the first draft of this cube.
I am counting 732 cards, and I did not pick many tribes that are well represented in these sets (minotaurs, and allies, for example). This is definitely a very early first pass. I did pick a bunch of Elves, many Eldrazi, some Spirits, and some Zombies, but I was not thorough in my picks. I am thinking that the tribes from all of these sets may get played better in a tribal cube separate from the main cube I am picking the best cards for.
There are several ranges of decks:
1. Ten decks for the guilds of Ravnica. These decks can use cards from most, if not all of these sets.
2. Five monocolor Devotion decks. These are narrow, yet I love Devotion.
3. Five wedge decks from Khans of Tarkir.
4. As many as ten tribal decks: Minotaurs, Elves, Vampires, Zombies, Eldrazi, Allies.
5. Technique decks: milling, control, aggro.
6. Other decks: Morph, Madness, Landfall, Energy, Vehicles, Enchantments, Convoke.
All right, enough planning, let's build a White/Blue deck.