Saturday, December 15, 2012

Grixis Mini Cube: Nicol Bolas, RTR Jace, Lands, Artifacts

This Grixis mini cube is built around a pair of Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker.


I am including the Jace, Architect of Thought I pulled just because it is a very strong card. I don't think it is a great fit for Grixis, but still, this card is a bomb.


Dimir (Blue/Black Guild) comes out in the next set (Gatecrash), and although there are several Dimir cards in the ISD block, the only one that I think fits Grixis is Evil Twin.


I do have one each of the shock lands for Rakdos and Izzet. I need a Dimir shock land from Gatecrash.



Here is a McLand from Magic 2013.


And I have play sets of the Rakdos and Izzet guildgates.



I also have a playset of Stensia Bloodhall in this mini cube.


Running three colors in a casual build requires play sets of several utility lands, all in this mini cube.




I have a pair each of the Rakdos and Izzet keyrunes from the theme decks.



In order to be able to survive a long game, I am planning to add life with several artifacts. Here they are.





In case I play against a casual curses deck, I need Witchbane Orb in my sideboard.


Here are additional artifacts.