Saturday, September 8, 2012

Underworld Dreams is a Masterpiece

I love this card. Via a circuitous route I pulled it today. I originally ordered two 10th Edition packs from one ebay seller and four from another. That was the original plan. Then the second seller (who I will no longer buy from) said they didn't have them in stock. I asked for a replacement of four Magic 2010 packs and instead received four 8th Edition packs. I decided to buy four packs of 10th Edition from a third seller and received instead four packs of Magic 2010.....and so it looks like many sellers can't seem to sell the core set correctly and get confused between the different editions. In the end it all worked out because the card I really wanted to pull was Underworld Dreams for purely aesthetic reasons: it is just plain beautiful; and one of the Magic 2010 packs had it. Here it is:




Here are additional cards from these packs, including a holo basic land and the only black-bordered card in the four packs of 8th Edition. Here are three tip cards from the Magic 2010 cards.







Here are the artifacts.