Sunday, July 12, 2015

[Modern] Another Devotion to Black deck

Not shown is a playset of Nykthos.



Here I get to use Damnable pact to draw four cards. Deck wins against opponents without flyers are fairly easy with this deck.


This is a great position to be in with this deck: gg.


Here is a second win. I was able to Tragic Slip all of this deck's 1/1's thus stalling it to enable my win. 


Here is yet another example of the need for flyers. Also, lifegain in most decks delays the inevitable.


Here is a super strong Ajani's Pridemate enchanted with Celestial Mantle ("Enchanted creature gets +3/+3. Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, double its controller's life total.")


My opponent has a lot of life, but no flyers, and I have flyers, and especially Nightveil Specter, my favorite 'your deck is my deck' card.


My opponent makes a great play with Felidar Sovereign ("At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 40 or more life, you win the game." And my opponent came really close to being able to satisfy this win condition!


But my flyers kept on pounding: gg.