Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bought online packs and cards

I used Deck 73 as a guide, but I don't have enough money right now for four Garruks: I bought just one. I also bought a few additional packs.


I bought with 23 event tickets the following cards to complete these playsets:

Blood artist 2
Barter in blood 3
Appetite for brains 2
Borderland ranger 3
Dawntreader elk 4
Strangleroot geist 4
Wolfir silverheart 4
Naturalize 2
Witchbane orb 4


Here are the cards in my online collection from this purchase. I also bought single copies of the ISD Garruk and of Ghoultree.


Ghoultree is not in Deck 73 but I would like to test with just one. I have been beaten by  it in decks containing these other "usual suspects."






I have then answered a question that was puzzling me: Where do these players get all those great cards? They find out the name of the online bot from one of the major sellers (I bought from ABN), establish a trade session, the bot quotes the prices in event tickets-a proxy for dollars since one event ticket costs one dollar, and the bot takes event tickets to match the price paid for the cards. Simply brilliant way to empty my funds for a fun game!!!!