Friday, July 27, 2012

The Beatings Continue (Online)

I am learning a lot. (And that is what a consistently-losing player should always say).

First Game
-----------

I exile my opponent's Dungeon Geists.


Undead Alchemist generates tokens and bleeds my library. I need an improved deck that can kill Undead Alchemist. Once the wave of tokens is in place, its pretty much game over.



...those pesky Undead Alchemist 2/2 black Zombie tokens just kept coming!



I used Appetite for Brains to exile a card from my opponent's hand AFTER Lone Revenant, which is hexproof, was played: big mistake.







Second Game
--------------

My opponent had a really souped-up deck. Here Griselbrand is discarded to at a later point be placed to the battlefield using Unburial Rites.


My opponent plays a Falkenrath Aristocrat




I did get some life when my opponent sacrificed a Human creature.


I was able to take out Falkenrath Aristocrat with Tragic Slip.


I am up 21-6 and here comes Griselbrand to beat me into submission.


One of my dumbest moves to date was to try to take Griselbrand out with a Garruk: it obviously didn't work!!!


My opponent draws seven cards using Griselbrand and now I am facing a suite of super-creatures.




Three games part of a 1-2 match
---------------------------------

First Game
------------

Not only did I get dealt a "God Hand," but also my opponent choked.


This game made me want to have Dissipate in my deck.





Second game of the match begins by me exiling a Curse of Death's Hold, which has caused me to choke in many a game.





I am merrily wearing down my opponent and then Olivia Voldaren is played.


I take it out with Tragic Slip.




Between Olivia Voldaren and the 5/5 Demon tokens from Demonic Rising I start taking serious damage.




The third game was also a slaughter-fest.


Hard to believe but I still don't understand "my turn." I threw away two Tragic Slip trying to kill Olivia Voldaren.