Saturday, October 6, 2012

Return to Ravnica Sealed Prep 4: Azorious

Now that I have looked at the White and Blue cards, it is time to put them together with the White/Blue cards: two creatures, a sorcery, and an instant.







The count for a typical sealed deck is 17 creatures, 17 lands, and 6 non-creature spells. Because blue is one of the colors in Azorious, I go down to 12 creatures and add five more non-creature spells. We already have two white/blue creatures. I add 7 white creatures, and 3 blue creatures.

The 12 creatures are 2 white/blue, 7 white, and 3 blue.









Now I need 11 non-creature spells. I already have a white/blue sorcery, and a white/blue instant. That leaves me with 9 slots. I am adding all five blue instants pulled. I now have four empty slots in this deck.





 All I have left is a blue enchantment and a blue enchantment aura. I have no choice but to add an additional Voidwielder, and still have an empty slot.



With this selection I have used every white/blue and blue card and all but two white cards pulled-one requires a Gate, and the other is a Selesnya card. I add the obligatory useful land I pulled. The other 17 cards are basic white and blue lands. This is not a deck to be excited about, just a good exercise in deck-building.