Sunday, October 7, 2012

Return to Ravnica Sealed Prep 6: Selesnya

Because I love green so much, Selesnya was my second choice to Golgari during the pre-release. These six packs had some very nice Selesnya cards. Because my deck build for Azorious is lack-luster, I am still looking for a best guild out of these packs.

The creatures:






Two sorceries.




OK, now on to deck-building. I need 17 creatures. My green selection isn't great, but my white selection is a good one. Because I have three light white/green creatures, those are must haves. I need 14 more. I will take the five light ones I used in Azorious and add the Selesnya specific one. That takes me down to 6 more that I need. I have two light green creatures, and that means that I need to consider 6 slots amongst all the heavies I have 2 white, 1 white/green, and 4 green for these five slots. I choose to drop Palisade Giant (the six-drop) and Axebane Stag. I had forgotten about Armory Guard because to work best it needs a Gate and I do not have an Azorious Gate. But I do have a Selesnya gate. I will keep this card (a four drop) and  use Bazaar Krovod (a five drop) as my final selection.

Here are the 13 creatures (I keep all four white/green cards).









I don't have any other spells that are white. I need six cards. I have two white/green sorceries, one heavy; and three green spells, one very heavy.....I need to keep them all and then use one more mana than the "classic" count of 17 lands. I have a lone Selesnya gate.