Saturday, October 6, 2012

Return to Ravnica Sealed Prep 1: Setup

I bought the fat pack at Target today, opened six booster packs from it and pretended they were the product I would receive at a sealed event. In a series of posts following this one I will show these cards and assess as best I can how good a deck I can assemble for each of the five current guilds: Azorious, Selesnya, Izzet, Rakdos, and Golgari.

The process I follow is simple. I go color by color White Blue Black Red Green and for each color complete all combinations. That means White Blue, then White Green, then Blue Red, and so on. Notice I am skipping guilds because I am only applying this process to the the five guilds in RTR. (If you click on an item I have linked the text to the blog post showing those cards):

--Look at your White cards

--Look at your Blue cards

--Add Azorious cards and try a build

--Look at your Green cards

--Add Selesnya cards and try a build

--Look at your Red cards

--Add Izzet cards and try a build

--Look at your Black cards

--Add Rakdos cards and try a build

--Add Golgari cards and try a build

The best build I can come up with with these packs seems to be Selesnya.

Here is a selection of guild-specific pulls from these packs.

Azorious

 Selesnya


 Izzet



 Rakdos


 Golgari