Sunday, October 7, 2012

Return to Ravnica Sealed Prep 5: Green

I like using green a lot because of how easy it is to have a stable mana base in green. Naively the Selesnya and Golgari guilds are crowd favorites because of this ease of play. It is no surprise that these two, along with Azorious, were the most popular guilds at my local game store's (LGS) pre-release.

Here are the creatures in these pulls. Rubbleback Rhino has hexproof but at 5-drop it is a little heavy.




Gatevcreeper Vine will help my mana base.




The three following creatures have scavenge, an ability for the Golgari guild.





Axebane Guardian is yet another deliverer of extra mana.




I have six creatures (last one is after the sorcery I show next) for all decks with green and three that are best suited for Golgari. I also pulled a sorcery and two instants.

 Horncaller's Chant is great except for its an 8-drop....I would have to be playing against blue, or perhaps white/blue to have a chance to last that many turns.




Here is a heavy creature.




It is useful to be able to untap a creature.




Here is a growth card (like Titanic Growth).