Sunday, October 7, 2012

Return to Ravnica Sealed Prep 11: Golgari

So far Azorious was a workable solution, Selesnya seemed a little better, and Rakdos is in my mind contending with Selesnya for best guild in this selection. The fact that I did not have to include a junk red rare for Rakdos is a good sign, yet I had to pass on some scavenge cards (which thankfully belong in Golgari) and I have sacrifice black cards with too small a number of black light creatures to offer up for sacrifice.

The Golgari creature selection is pitiful: one creature. However I did pull three of Grisly Salvage, which was very useful during the pre-release to pick out specific cards from my library and three Gates. 





Let's add all green and black scavenge cards and do a head count.




We are up to 6 creatures and 3 instants. We still need 14 more cards, with at least 11 more creatures. This should be a creature heavy deck. Let's add all green and black creatures left minus the seven drop Axebane Stag.








All we are missing is three non-creature spells. This is great because we have a really nice selection for the black cards and a few good picks for the green ones. Of the two black spells I did not choose, one reduced life for both players and the other had opponent discard two cards, which could help opponents with graveyard-based cards from Innistrad and Dark Ascension.