Saturday, November 14, 2015

[Modern] White/Green Enchantments Retooled Part 2 of 3

Link to Part 1

This second part is about a single awesome game. I won this one, and lost a second one (not shown here). In the second one my Path to Exiles did not come out early enough. My opponent's deck has a great cast of spells: Furnace Celebration, Outpost Siege (Khans), Norin the Wary, Leyline of Vitality, Impact Tremors. The secret sauce of the deck is Norin the Wary, who enters the battlefield and leaves the battlefield every time a spell is played, therefore triggering damage against me in batches of 1 and 2, and enough to slowly take out many of my creatures.

At this point in the game my opponent has a better board position.


Once I land Sigil of the Empty Throne, I am in combo heaven.


I am able to enchant or exile several of Xenagos' buffed up tokens.


Here I replace a lost Sigil of the Empty Throne.


Here is Norin the Wary doing his thing.


Leyline of Vitality allows my opponent to gain life. Awakening Zone is in there as well.


Here I drop a second Sigil of the Empty Throne.


This is the high point of the game for my opponent. The replay stops here, as happens on MTGO with long games with large board states. From here on I am comboing-off (not a word, but you know what I mean) 4/4 flyers for the win.



Link to Part 3