Friday, November 6, 2015

[Modern] Zulaport Cutthroat and Blood Artist Part 2

Here is the previous installment for this deck.

I played this deck a lot more and it is a ton of fun. It has a few weaknesses and I am thinking about which color or colors to add to make it stronger.



Here is the sideboard.


Here is a game I won by playing a Suffer the Past.


I lost games against Rest in Peace. I could not trigger life gain because my creatures got exiled!


I took out Zulaport Cutthroat and Blood Artist and I just couldn't win. Removal alone cannot win games.


Here I lost against Aqueous Form and other enchantments.


I tried some removal but my opponent could protect their creatures.


It was a close loss ...


I finally beat a Red Deck Wins (RDW) deck. In both games a removed a Browbeat with an Inquisition of Kozilek.


I also hit a lot with two Geralf's Messenger.


In this next loss I got hosed out of playing black spells by Iona, Shield of Emeria.


But in a second game my opponent made the game-losing mistake of reanimating a Masacre Wurm (When Massacre Wurm enters the battlefield, creatures your opponents control get -2/-2 until end of turn. Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, that player loses 2 life.)


And finally, in this game I outraced an Ugin, ever after an ultimate!


Suffer the past for 6 and a hit from Gravecrawler to take my opponent to 0 life.