Sunday, August 10, 2014

[Vintage] A Very Long Match with Mono White Limited Edition Beta only

This match was a marathon. My opponent won the first game, I won the second one, and my opponent won the third game, although he/she ran out of time. My opponent's deck had power (Time Walk, a few Moxen, Force of Will,...). Balance and Armageddon.... boy, those are real game breakers when I get to play them at the right time.

Here is game 1.


From here I just beat face.


Game 1 was sick. Somehow I didn't draw any extra cards to Howling Mine and I couldn't figure out which effect was blocking my draw...


This is why I am keeping this screen shot to study later.(I did study it later, and its all about being able to tap and untap Howling Mine BEFORE your opponent has access to it.)


Voltaic Key kept untapping Isochron Scepter to hit me with Lightning Bolts.







He/she turns my critter into an artifact.


Dack Fayden can take control of an opponent's artifact.




Game 1 was an easy win after I played Balance.

Balance before.


Balance after.


Here is game 3, which is a lot like game 1. 

Armageddon before.


Armageddon after.


Force of Will against my Balance.


Out of time: I would have lost.