Sunday, August 5, 2012

1-Liliana M13 and 1-Griselbrand online deck in Standard

I would call this a "whatever" deck because it is derived from several "whatevers":

1. Whatever I bought on my way to an M12 set redemption.
2. Whatever I bought for a quality black green deck in ISD block constructed.
3. Whatever I have pulled from online packs (Geralf's Messenger and M13 Liliana).
4. I bought a Griselbrand because I think it is a cool "Fatty" card.

It is impossible to win with this deck because it is always "swim so far to drown at the shore" but it is definitely a big play fun deck.

Here are the packs I bought.


And this is how the deck evolved as I made changes that let it live longer, yet it pretty much always loses.





Here is a typical match. I am able to get my opponent to low life and then the decks just runs out of steam as I am either unable to hard-cast a Fatty, or just get cards with mixed strategies in the same hand.

Griselbrand sits in my hand as I count how many swamps I have.....and how much life I have left. I can't play him for the "lose 7 life, draw 7 cards" if I have life of 7 or less!!! And don't get me going on the M13 Liliana: not a great card for how rare it is to pull!!!




Sideboard changes between the first and the second match. Out is top row and in is bottom row.


I did get to play Sorin's Vengeance.