Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grixis Balanced in ISD+RTR Standard

After some fine-tuning and giving money to the bots for a few additional cards, here is the optimized deck. Its not tournament quality but it does keep me in play in tournament practice. I can add better cards later but I don't want to spend more money on this deck.

In summary, having a balanced number of red, blue, and black cards makes for a very smooth-playing deck. I could have better cards for each of the three lineups, but this lineup is good enough for now.

I took out one of the M13 Jaces and sent my dear Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker to the sideboard. I added a one-drop in red (Goblin Arsonist) and its accompanying enchantment-aura. I also rebalanced the mana pool with more Dragonskull Summit and two of Sulfur Falls.

The Golgari Zoombie deck is one of the ones to beat....I am getting slaughtered by these. This deck as well as the Selesnya deck are playing Rancor to win. The Restoration Angel/Thragtusk Selesnya decks are strong too.




October 29, 2012 update.





Here is the November 3, 2012 update.