Saturday, May 23, 2015

[Legacy] Badlands Legacy Stash Deck 1 (1000th Blog Post)

That's right, this is the 1000th post for this blog. This deck is surprisingly effective, given that it does not have a deep level of play and is composed of a seemingly random selection from my ever-growing Legacy stash. I must say that I think Shadow is the best ability of all of the abilities I have played with Legacy cards so far. Odds are your opponent does not have any critters with Shadow or any good hate against it.




Here is a game that showcases how fast and consistent this deck is.


I can hit for one with my man-land.


My opponent O-Rings one of my Shadow critters.


Here I discard a card to make Putrid Imp a flyer.


Ghitu Slinger for the win.


My opponent has a great board position during the first game of the following match against a Madness deck.


A card not needing an introduction.


Here is the first Fact or Fiction pile selection (I love this card, one of many that prove that Blue is the color of Legacy).


I messed up this pile: gave my opponent the two best cards in one of the piles (what was I thinking?).


Here I lose the first game against an Arrogant Wurm equipped with Umezawa's Jitte.


I win the second game thanks to Shadow critters.


The third game of this match is a blow-out against me thanks to Arrogant Wurm.


Here I lose against Perist critters. Pupeteer Clique takes one my critters to hit me with it.


Neverreading Torment is an interesting card I will have to learn more about. The 'Epic' ability allows my opponent to cast this card turn after turn until I run out of cards.


My opponent plays Engineered Plague, an enchantment that gives -1/-1 to critters of a specific tribe. My opponent chose Warrior, the tribe of Ghitu Encampment (wise choice!).


And here I get milled.