Tuesday, November 10, 2015

[Modern] Life Drain Deck Part 1 of 2

This deck is a work in progress. There must be a dozen really good cards I can try to make it better. Right now it is a reasonably strong deck. Left unchecked, Ajani's Pridemate and Bloodbond Vampire get huge quickly.





In this game that became a draw Xathrid Gorgon (Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)2Black, Tap: Put a petrification counter on target creature. It gains defender and becomes a colorless artifact in addition to its other types. Its activated abilities can't be activated. (A creature with defender can't attack.) ) turned my gigantic creatures into Walls 



In this win my opponent tried a 'sacrifice for a benefit' strategy using Exploit.


Here I am forced to sacrifice my Soul's Attendant.


I swung for the win with a 5/5 Ajani's Pridemate.


Link to Part 2