Tuesday, November 10, 2015

[Modern] Life Drain Deck Part 2 of 2

Link to Part 1

Here I showcase a match in which I lost the first and third games and won the second one. The deck I played against is interesting and my opponent played it well.

In game 1 I got wiped by Supreme Verdict.


And my opponent got to combo-off with Polymorph into Myth Realized to drop Emrakul.


Here is the selection from Ploymorph.


In game 2 I played Inquisition of Kozilek and my opponent was forced to play Secure the Wastes early.


That's what my opponent had in their hand.


Another Supreme Verdict.


And this time my opponent takes a big hit in life drain.


Emrakul is right under Polymorph in this pile.


But all I need is to hit for 1 and that is what I did for the win.


In the third game my opponent educated me on how good Vedalken Shackles is (You may choose not to untap Vedalken Shackles during your untap step.2, Tap: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the number of Islands you control for as long as Vedalken Shackles remains tapped.)


I keep losing creatures turn after turn, especially with two Vedalken Shackles.


A Supreme Verdict.


Polymorph to Emrakul, gg.