Saturday, January 16, 2016

Mirrodin-Mirrodin-Darksteel Flashback Draft No. 2

The value in the Darksteel packs is awesome. I pulled another money card! (Serum Powder). The first game was a very close loss (no consolation for such loses, though!), and the second one I got locked out of red going red/black!








Here is the deck.




I lost my Sun Droplet early in the first game.


Scythe of the Wretched was the rare in my first pack.


My opponent's Leonin Bola was very effective. Combined with their wall, it meant that my attacks hit for little or no life!


A stalled field.


Modular is really good, a lot like Undying. 


Sweet triggers for my opponent.


Grimclaw Bats is awesome in limited (Flying Black, Pay 1 life: Grimclaw Bats gets +1/+1 until end of turn).



I finally was able to drop my Spidersilk Cloak and could hit with impunity.


Except that at the very last moment my opponent was able to hit for lethal damage (well played!).


Second game I sucked pretty bad. I could hit for 2 but my opponent removed my Scythe of the Wretched.


There was no point... I conceded. More flyers!