Sunday, October 11, 2015

[Standard] White Black Allies 2 of 2

Link to Part 1

Here are two epic losses. The first one: Languish board wipe.


And then I face a board full of money cards. No Fun in Just for Fun.


Second loss was actually interesting. Emeria Shepherd is a really good late drop. It reads: "Flying Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may return target nonland permanent card from your graveyard to your hand. If that land is a Plains, you may return that nonland permanent card to the battlefield instead." Here I boost my flyer and take out Gideon.



The Ally triggers cascade. One ally gains life, the other gets counters.


And the other gains Deathtouch.


I have my opponent close to done, but not quite. They can sacrifice creatures to gain one life and draw one card with Vampiric Rites. Then with a land drop they can get that creature back or some other creature, or a Plains to trigger later Landfalls. Emiria and Vampiric Rites pulled this win out of a very near loss.


I was able to drop an Ally to trigger a 3 life drain, and every time my opponent had a creature other than the two Emerias to sacrifice to survive until more of the money cards could drop.


Here is the Vampiric Rites trigger. Its a great enchantment.


My opponent was able to ultimate a Gideon, and drop all of the other money cards of the current format to the board. 


Let's savor the money: Gideon is $30, Drana is $7, Undergrowth Champion is $7.