Monday, October 10, 2016

Solitaire Vintage: Kaladesh Energy White Blue

This experiment turned out into a learning beck, but a deck that just isn't fast enough. The best Kaladesh Energy deck is Bant (White/Blue/Green). The Green Energy cards and access to fast and abundant Green mana makes a significant difference is getting to a game win.

I learned a lot from playing this deck. I learned that a good Energy deck needs to earn a ton of it but also spend it all for the win.





Who knew that Thriving Turtle could be such a powerful common? I am so surprised. If you are able to get lots of Energy early, and can make it unblockable or someone neutralize blockers by tapping or sending them back to opponent's hand, you can keep pumping this thing turn after turn.


Here is what I am referring to.


Dynavolt Tower is very important in an Energy deck and, at 3 mana, is aggressively costed. It can deal damage to player, and that, friends, is awesome.


In Solitaire, a 5 turn finish is good. I am looking for consistent 4 and 5 turn wins, and this deck is more like a 5 or 6 turn wins, which is half a turn to a full turn slower than I need.


I ended up with 17 left-over Energy, which is 'good news' and 'bad news.' The good news is that I had that much left-over Energy. The bad news is that I did not have a way to turn that Energy into damage to player.


Here is 6 turn end. Too slow.


8 left-over Energy is not terrible, but my next Energy decks need to do better.


Here I have just enough Energy to hit for 3 with Dynavolt Tower.


7 turns is a no-no. This deck helped me learn about Energy and how the modules work, but it is not worth pursuing as a Modern deck.


Look at all that left-over Energy!