Monday, October 10, 2016

Solitaire Standard: Kaladesh Mono-Green Energy

I wasn't getting the importance of a few of the Green Energy cards, and I think I do after playing this deck. I first went at it with Dynavolt Tower and Oviya in the deck, but neither worked out.



I never get enough of a creature count for Oviya in this deck, and I want to spend the Energy in better ways than on Dynavolt Tower. Here is a turn 5 win.


Here is another turn 5 win, What I really want is the 6/6 token out of Architect of the Untamed.


Here is a turn 6 win with counters on all of my creatures. That is how I get to draw cards out of Armorcraft Judge.


Here is the first switch. After a few games, I decided to make additional changes.


Here is the final configuration. I now get how important Longtusk Cub and Bristling Hydra are. At first, they didn't seem so strong, but now that I have some understanding of how to accumulate and then spend Energy I get their importance.



Here is a turn 5 win.


Here is another turn 5 win. Look at that Hydra,


The deck can get stuck early. Here is a turn 6 win. I can pump all left-over energy into Longtusk Cub (here as a 2/2 with seven 1/1 counters).


Here is a turn 6 win. Look at those counters.


Here is a turn 5 win.


Here is a turn 5 win before placing the counters on all of my creatures, and then drawing a card for each one.


Here is what they look like after the stack triggers.