Friday, October 21, 2016

Kaladesh Monoblack Learning Deck

I started in Solitaire, then made a few changes, and then played it against real opponents. I learned how the cards work, and that's as far as it is worth getting with this type of deck. Next I need to add the support available from all of the other sets in Standard.

Of course, in Solitaire, there is no one to take out your Zulaport Cutthroat as early as possible!


Here is the Solitaire version of the deck.



Setting up a board wipe with Zulaport Cutthroat and Rising Miasma is easy in Solitaire.


I can do it again here.


Here is the deck to play in Standard against real opponents. It's a consistent loser because it is not using the much wider selection of cards available outside of Kaladesh and a few other non-Kaladesh picks.



I wanted to play my opponent's deck in this game. I wiped early because my opponent had a pinger combo that wiped out all of my 1 toughness creatures (and that's most of my deck... a can't win situation for sure).


Because I had to wipe too early, I did not finish the job with the board wipe.


The Molten Nursery combo at work.


Here my opponent uses Paradoxical Outcome to recast all of their Enter the Battlefield (ETB) tricks and draw three cards.


That's a nice end state for my opponent.