Friday, October 28, 2016

[Standard] Blue Black Aetherflux Reservoir Build-around

This deck is only a test deck. What I love about these types of deck builds is that I can now look at the next sets for additional pieces to make this deck better. Right now, it works, but just barely.





In this first game, I started with a God hand, and my opponent didn't know what I was trying to do.


I was going to get to 50 life no problem in this first game. It's all downhill from here. This deck can be very easily disrupted.


In the next game of the match, my opponent countered two of my Aetherflux Reservoirs.


And sent a Paradoxical Outcome back to my hand (ouch!).


I was able to defend well thanks to Contraband Kingpin with all that equipment, but once my combo is disrupted, I have nothing to win a game with.


Metallurgic Summonings [Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create an X/X colorless Construct artifact creature token, where X is that spell's converted mana cost. 3 Blue Blue, Exile Metallurgic Summonings: Return all instant and sorcery cards from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only if you control six or more artifacts.] is a really fun junk Mythic. Here is a beautiful board position with it.


I also played a 'punching bag' match. These are matches in 'Just for Fun' against someone tuning a tournament deck against janky decks that can only act like a punching bag. Here is Ruinous Path removing planeswalkers.