Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Vintage Solitaire Eldrazi Part 5 of 5

Go back to part 4

This is the final version of this Solitaire test deck to test drive my spanking new Black Lotus rental. I switched in two Wurmcoil Engines for two Endbringers. It happened often enough that I would have a Mishra's Workshop doing nothing for me.


Here is a starting hand. It felt a little too heavy and I opted for a mulligan.


Ancestral Recall is great in an opening hand.


I chose not to keep Mox Pearl.


And instead I got a land to get blue from, and then I drew a Mox Ruby.


A Phyrexian Metamorph without a valid target is dead in the hand.


It's looking like a lame position.


And then I draw a Precursor Golem and cast it immediately.


Now I have a valid target for Phyrexian Metamorph.


And I can even cast a Wurmcoil Engine.


It's overkill for a Solitaire game, but why not: I cast a second Precursor Golem.


Then I shut the board.


Here is a another starting hand. I choose to mulligan.


And once again I draw a Library of Alexandria (sweet!).


I reject this Null Rod.


Instead I draw a Tolarian Academy.


I am ready to build a strong hand.


An early drop.


Another early drop.


A mid-game Precursor Golem.


Phyrexian Metamorph for Precursor Golem.


Lodestone Golem and Wurmcoil Engine.


Here is another starting hand. Black Lotus is such a huge boost.


Early Wurmcoil Engine.


Early Endless One.


I played Null Rod in error. I should have played Sphere of Resistance first.


Here is another solid starting hand.


Once again, a turn 1 Wurmcoil Engine.


Matter Reshaper.


Phyrexian Metamorph for a second Wurmcoil Engine.


Add a Reality Smasher.