Monday, September 7, 2015

[Standard] Origins Build - Citadel Castellan

It took some thinking and a wrong build to realize that this deck needed to be all about Renown and that in order to make Renown work I needed to take over as many of my opponent's creatures as possible.





The plan for this deck is very simple: draw cards off of Valeron Wardens and remove obstacles with Suspension Field and Silkwrap. In this win my hand is perfect for clearing blocking creatures.


I can make a specific creature unblockable with Rogue's Passage and get it to be Renown.


Here I know I can remove Xenagos.


And I can take out the dragon. My opponent gave up soon thereafter.


Early in the following game I also had a great hand for removing threats to trigger Renown.


It takes time, and I pick off my opponent's creatures one by one.


At this point it is clear to my opponent I have this game, GG.